Thursday, January 10, 2008

“If we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people to not kill each other? Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want...For the pregnant women who don't want their children, give them to me.” Mother Teresa of Calcutta

What an amazing woman. I'm feeling political today. Who knows why. Wicked last night? La Leche League this morning? I am woman hear me roar. And I am WOMAN....not trying to be a man. Feminism means being feminine....and doing it well...doing it completely. Being completely woman....something a man could never be. I don't want to be a man. Men are hairy and sometimes smelly (ok, there are hairy and smelly women too, but still)...and they can't breastfeed!! How cool is that! You know, it truly is a super power. Why would you want to give that up! Women who are trying to be men will fail. They can't do it. And they're disappointing God. He created them to be women. And disappointing God, not good...and I always thought disappointing my dad was a no-no.

That God guy really knew what he was doing. I know, total understatement, but bear with me. Breastfeeding is the key to everything! Grows a baby, delays fertility (if done completely), creates an unbreakable bond between mothers and babies...which creates more stable children...who become more stable adults, helps prevent breast cancer, helps you lose the weight you gained while you were preggers! And helps you lose weight after that if you can avoid eating everything in sight because you're so daggone hungry! Which no one told me by the by...everyone talks about being hungry while you're preggers...but that's NOTHING compared to the insane hunger of a nursing mom!!! Dude, if I could refrain from eating everything in sight, I'd be a waif! Because, I do eat everything in sight some days and I'm still losing weight....not much to speak of, but at least I'm not gaining. Thank you, Maria! I guess Maria will have to nurse forever or we'll have to keep having babies! Thank you, God, for breastfeeding! And for breasts in general! Mine are annoying a lot of the time...big and heavy and they get in the way...but my two favorite people in the world...Ben and Maria....love them a whole lot!

Oh, and I haven't even decided if I'm going to share this with anyone, but if I do, I'm stealing Mariah's idea....this is for me. It's not for you....it's not censored...may not be spell-checked. You may like it, you may not...but I don't really care. I'm not terribly politically correct to begin with...because I think it's dumb...people, one, are overly sensitive about issues that don't concern them (like the woman who wasn't even a Native American (I know that's a PC term and I just ranted about not being PC, but oh well....I guess she may have been a NA in the same way that I'm an NA...see how much trouble being PC actually causes)...anyway...wasn't even American Indian (feathers, not dots) and she was responsible for leading the campaign to change Miami University from the way cool Redskins to the lame-ass Redhawks...and therefore should be blamed for the debacle that is "Swoop" or "Swoosh" or whatever that stupid thing's name is....Tom-O-Hawk was good enough for me...but I had my picture taken with him once and MAN! He stinks! And, just for kicks, ask my grandfather one day what HE thought of the name change....I pity the poor kid from the Alumni Association who called the Bachman home asking for money the year the name changed....that kid's ears may still be bleeding.

Ok, where was I? Oh, NOT apologizing for what I've written. Like I said, I'm feeling a little sassy. I guess putting it down here is better than bitching at the next person who calls me, right?

No comments: