Thursday, August 19, 2010

Corn Starch Painting

Here's the recipe:
1/4 C corn starch
1/4 C water
6-8 drops food coloring (it all depends on how dark you want the color)


I made blue, green and pink. You have to give it some good stirring....you've got to work it a bit to get the corn starch to dissolve. The blog where I found the recipe (and I need to start noting these things so I can give people credit....I'm really not trying to steal! I just don't always mark where the idea comes from and I don't always do it the same way) said to do 1/2 C each of starch and water....that would just make more. My amount was perfect for about 15-20 mins of painting for two girls.





It went on pretty thin and drippy and dried quickly. When it was dry it looked chalk-ish.


This would be great for a "messy party". It can be pretty doggone messy, but cleans up easily and is way fun! We used real paint brushes as well as foam brushes.





My little corn starch family :) This worked well on cement and black top.












Ok, so it did get a bit messy when S just sat down in it....but it cleaned up so easily.







This one bailed first....but she had fun while it lasted. I think she just likes getting messy.











Dried designs.








Enjoy!









No comments: