Saturday, August 14, 2010

There's Something About Mary

So, Mary is one of my La Leche League Leaders. She is amazing. All of her features are remarkable.

She has the arms of a gramma, the wisdom of a sage, the eyes of a mother, the ears of a girlfriend, the mouth of a feisty diplomat and more knowledge about everything breastfeeding and parenting than any other three "experts" put together.

She's the first person I call (or direct someone else to) when I have a question. She's the first person who will give you a hug when you're struggling. She'll help you as much as you want and love you even when you choose something she wouldn't (though, she won't let you off the hook too easily).

Her kind face draws you in and her words soothe away hurt. She is amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I definitely agree. Mary is one of a kind, and I miss her very much :)

Elizabeth